Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bangkok

We arrived in Bangkok Saturday night. Sunday we got up early, got ready for church and went to find it. On our way we ran into the Mission President and his wife on the street and they informed us it was Stake Conference and it was held in a hotel. We kindly declined and went back to our hotel. Every time we travel and attempt going to church, this seems to be our demise. Hey, we tried! Once again, our umbrella came in handy, as it was pouring rain. I FINALLY washed my hair so it was a curly, frizzy mess. : )

Conor started feeling a little sick and stayed at the hotel. I dropped off our dirty clothes to be washed and got Conor some water. (Have I mentioned that we bought drinking water our entire trip? It's not safe to drink and we weren't willing to risk it.) I wasn't about to waste one of our precious days in the big city, so I went to the huge market held on Sunday's. What a blast!!! I loved it and shopped all afternoon. I took the subway there and back and bought lots of little clothes for Hazel, a hand fan, dried fruit, chopsticks, some rings, monkey keychains. They sell anything and everything. I didn't even make it through probably a third of the market. Some day I'll make it back and be better prepared. I'll buy one of those cheap wheeled bags there and fill it up!!! : )

Bangkok was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Easy to navigate and get around with English signs and the subway, train, etc. Plus, where else can you get such cheap massages?!
Walking across the footbridge from the subway to the market. Bus loads of people were arriving all day!





Our hotel room. Nice and clean. With a modern toilet and shower that were separated!!!
This reminded me of our friends, Josh and Jessica. Had to take a pic.
Conor getting a foot massage. Loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment