Monday, February 18, 2013

Leg 1: Salt Lake to San Fran

From our trip last November to Southeast Asia. I'll post in segments to break it up.

We actually flew from Salt Lake to Denver, dropped off Hazel with Conor's parents (they drove back to Tulsa, OK with her), and then on to San Francisco. It was early in the morning when we arrived and of course it was raining. Being vain like I am, not wanting my straightened hair to get wet and curly/frizzy, I wanted to stay inside the airport and not venture out. After a couple hours we decided to just go for it since we had a long flight ahead of us.

BART, the train, runs from the airport and makes it convenient to get around. Conor had found a place he wanted to eat breakfast–Brenda's French Soul Food. Awesome and totally worth the trip! We made it just in time and there was a long line out the door after we were seated. It started to pour on our walk to the restaurant so we stopped and bought a cheap umbrella. It came in handy on the remainder of our trip, too. Of course I was already sporting a shower cap on my head and looked absolutely ridiculous. . .

Then we headed back and hung out in the first class lounge and stuffed our faces with the free food. I was all about the cheesecake and Conor was devouring the shrimp. : ) Within the first 3 days of our vacation I gained 8 lbs. Yikes!!! That's what happens when there is good free food around me. Don't worry, by the end of our vacation I had lost all of that and then some. Courtesy of food poisoning in Bangkok and food choices in Myanmar. haha!










We sat in the nose of the plane and had been looking forward to our seats. It was fun, but really not much to see. ; )



No comments:

Post a Comment