Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hazel's Blessing


Hazel was blessed by Conor on March 10th. She was almost 3 months old. I wanted a unique dress for this special occasion. I had been hunting since August and looked in every lace shop in Brugge on our trip to Europe. I decided that wasn't the route to go, besides the fact the smallest size they had was 9-12 months. I did buy a bonnet and booties, but I kinda forgot about those. While we were in Belgium, I started searching online with Etsy and found a dress I loved, plus it had an old fashioned appeal. The lady actually lives in Logan. Well, months later--that is the dress I went with! I know the Blessing Day isn't all about the dress--but it was a big deal to me. The dress turned out perfect and I absolutely love it! I made her bracelet and shoes. No, I didn't crochet the shoes--but as long as they took me to put together and sew I could have!

Phil and Judy were able to fly in and visit for the occasion. My family was also able to make it for the day. Conor worked his magic in the kitchen and put on a tasty spread for us! Somehow I didn't manage to take any photos of the food. It was nice to relax and visit with our family afterwards. I guess some people didn't relax--but the garage cabinets look great and are so nice to have up!

*I took professional photos of Hazel in her dress. Those are posted on my photography blog if you care to see.

Proud Papa


Phil, Conor, Hazel, Bo, Shane, Bishop Dillon, Jan


Finally--a smile!!!
Dayna, Karen, Malia, Hazel--as you can see below my mom as hogging the baby.
Someone had to give Phil a run for his money!!!
Hazel and her grandma's.

She loves sucking the back of her hands. We don't give her a pacifier so she has learned to self soothe. : )
A few seconds later she's sleeping--just like her Dad!!!

Malia and her boys!!!


She wanted to stand while I was holding her.  Maybe she wanted to show off her dress?!

Elizabeth got some face time! : )
Looks like he was finally able to steal her back!

Conor thought it would be funny to wrestle Ryker, our 4 1/2 year old nephew. He's pretty tough!
Who doesn't love Mardi Gras beads? Kormyck and I do!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Dayna Sue, she looks absolutely precious in that dress! And oh, my goodness those lacy shoes! I want you to make me some. :)

    ReplyDelete