Monday, November 21, 2011

Ultimate Green Recycling

Being the kinda of person I am:
1) I don't blog very often
2) I like to go back and blog what's happened to catch up before writing about the present
3) I will finally, officially announce our major life updates since my May post: we are expecting a baby girl in 2 weeks; Conor switched jobs and is now working for Sinclair Oil in SLC, UT; and obviously we relocated and now live in North Salt Lake, UT!!! More to come on section 3 later--hopefully soon! ; )

Back to the heart of my ever-exciting blog post. Conor and I love the convenience of ordering online and items showing up on our doorstop. In Houston we didn't order the recycling bins, nor have room to store them, so we chose to recycle cardboard only. Generally we would compile so much, we would put down the seat in the car and fill the entire space. This time, it was a nice, mild January day and we decided to ride our bikes to the recycling center a few miles away. I was doubtful it would all fit on Conor's bike--but look at his talent--and amazing use of bungee cords! We were laughing the entire way there--and got some of the strangest looks. We did impress the guy at the recycle center--he told us, "Now, that's what I call green recycling!" Maybe you won't be as impressed as he was, but perhaps it will give you a few good laughs. : )








No comments:

Post a Comment