Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Mug Shot

Oh yes, I am famous. My brother texted me this morning and said he liked my article on ksl.com and then my friend, Amberlee, also texted and said she liked my photo. I had to check it out for myself and this is what I found.  http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=960&sid=18256157&title=record-low-number-of-americans-changing-residences

Yikes!!! Just over a week ago I had a phone interview and the following day they sent a photographer from Deseret News to take photos. Conor was totally jilted in the deal since he was working in North Dakota. I'm sure he's sad about it. Honestly, I figured it would be in section J, tucked away in the middle of the paper. Or, I wondered if the article would even be published and the editor would toss it out. It happens. My mom called a little later in the morning and said people in her neighborhood had called. By now it was on Facebook and posted to my wall. I get another text from my brother--with my mug on the front page of the newspaper!!! LOL--yikes. My mug plastered all over the front page. On people's doorsteps, newsstands, kitchen tables. Scary thought. It makes me laugh. Maybe I'll have to mod podge the article on some wood and hang up in our house. I guess in a way I was famous for a day and that makes me feel special. My mom always said I was special . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment