Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Happy Couple!


A couple of years ago Malia was very sneaky and managed to obtain a stack of old photos from Grandma Percy's house for a "Relief Society lesson". Well, there's some truth to that, but we wanted them for another reason. Unfortunately I kept them MUCH longer than I intended. Fortunately I am finally using another of the photos from the collection I scanned in. I have wanted to print and frame this photo ever since and finally retouched it today so I can send off to the lab. Yeah!!!

They are my great-grandparents on my dad's side--his father's parents. Nathaniel Eli Thomas and Susan Elizabeth Whitt were married November 19, 1903 in the Logan Temple. Almost 106 years ago--awesome! My middle name, Sue, came partly from this woman and a Susannah on my mom's side of the family. Maybe I'll be able to track down a pic of her, too! Just a little bit of family history that has come to life for me. I'm hoping to track down more photos of our grandparents, great-grandparents, great-great-grandparents, etc. on each side to add to our collection. This is fun! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment