Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chelsea's Visit



Fall is here!!! There may be no turning of the leaves, but our fall weather has arrived in Houston. We like to think Chelsea brought it with her from Utah during her stay two weeks ago. She visited for the weekend and when she arrived after midnight, it was smothering and nasty outside--felt just like a sweet, humid night I remember all too well. By the next day it had cooled 30 degrees and rained every day she was a here. Made it easier to stay indoors and accomplish my horrid project: cleaning up the rest of the upstairs bedrooms. Chelsea is the best friend ever and was so kind to offer (or at least agree after I twisted her arm 30 times) to help me tackle the daunting task. Despite all my efforts the past year, I still had a lot of crap--there's no polite way to put it! We were successful in our efforts and made it livable and now both bedrooms are ready for guests to visit! Yeah!!!! She was even so kind as to help Conor go through his belongings as well. lol. Sorry we don't have pics of the before and after but the stacks of stuff blocked the view. For those that saw it previously, you'll have to come back and check it out. I still have to decorate most the upstairs and hang things on the walls but have no clue what to do yet. I'm trying to let the creative juices flow since my brain is not filled with the clutter!

So, back to what's important. I was much in need of some Chelsea time and had missed her dearly. I was so excited she was able to visit! It was fun to hang out, talk and catch up a bit. Next time I promise we will: have more time to play, see the sites, not eat any ground beef chimichangas, and TURBO!!! ; ) We ate out, saw Whip It (hilarious--all 3 of us enjoyed it!) at the movies, went to the Houston Arts Festival downtown and had our friend Danielle join us, got loads of chocolate goodness at the Chocolate Bar, and topped off our sugar fix at Candylicious. Or maybe we topped it off to our trip to Kroger for ice cream and more candy. . . those Core Skittles flavor are amazing! I felt a little sick. But it was a great weekend and we loved having Chelsea here--just like old times!

















No comments:

Post a Comment