Thursday, October 11, 2007

Utah Bonanza

After my wild and crazy time in Colorado interviewing people who think they will become the next CEO of Chevron, I headed off to Utah. It was pretty nifty. Elisabeth was there to meet at the airport, and she even had a little sign for me. But there were a ton of military people and two missionaries coming home, so her little sign seemed like a good effort. It's the thought that counts...

I've always had this weird dream of taking a girl to the sizzler. I know, I know. I really know how to treat women. So, Elisabeth was kind enough to help me make that dream come true. It's about what you would expect the sizzler to be...ok. Nothing that I would rant and rave about. Nothing to write home about, but something to write about on a blog that no one really reads.
I got to go to the Salt Lake temple. Don't worry mom, no repeats of the last time we went to the SL temple. I did you proud, and I didn't even bargain with the clothes people to give me a free clothes rental.
Somehow we ended up playing Rummikub at Alicia's. Elisabeth and Alicia wouldn't let me read the rules, but if they have ever played games with the Carroll family, they would understand my want to know and read the rules. Simply put, if you need to ask the Carroll's how to play, you're going to loose. So, we ended up playing some cheesy, unsanctioned, non-rule abiding way. And I dominated!!! I rule!!

The next day was conference, and it was pretty nifty also. We got these "way" embarrassing pictrures of Alicia trying to scalp a ticket. I posted my favorite picture of her. Elle a eu un probleme avec sa parapluie. How embarrassing!! But, it was all good. Alicia got her ticket, we all got to sit together and we had a splendid time.

I'm tired of writing, so here is the rest of the trip in a nutshell. We ate after the Saturday afternoon session and the Lion's House, delicious. I went to the preisthood session at the conference center. Elisabeth bought more clothes in a two day span than I have in the last 3 years. Elisabeth and I watched the Ultimate Gift. We got up the next day, watched general conference and I flew to Houston. Ta-dah!! C'est tout.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip Conor! And you look like a pimp in that last picture, well aside from the fact that it's taken in the conference center!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it time for you to come back yet? Just imagine.. It's going to be double more funner when ALL the girls are home from missions. I dare you to try and beat us ALL at Rummikub :) It was so good to see you. I'll send that picture of my new favorite shirt as soon as I take one.

    ReplyDelete