Thursday, October 4, 2007

Home Sweet Home!!! Part Deux...

I always say that my heart resides in Colorado. And it does. I am fortunate enough to have my company send me back to my alma matter twice a year. There is nothing like traveling on the company--well, sometimes, it can get really old (I'm pretty much 2 weeks on the road today, with one more to go!!). But, this was the second of my two trips this year and we did interviews with prospective hirees (I don't know if that is a word, but if it isn't, it should be).
A little bit about my school. It is called the Colorado School of Mines (not mimes or minds). It is only the best school on the face of the earth. It is located in the best place in the whole wide world...Colorado!! And yes, the mascot is a donkey. They can be really intimidating.

But, I pretty much spent most of my time inside looking out at the beautiful weather. It pretty much stunk. Interviewing kids can be really fun...unless they are an international PhD student who is pretty much fresh off the boat trying to explain some technical thing I don't understand because A) I'm not a big technical nerd and B) their accent creates a huge language barrier. We finished with all the interviews on Wednesday. Today we spent half the day complaining about how much the hiring system stinks and how we could save the world if they would just let us run things. The other half of the day I took a walk up to castle rock. Look for the pictures of castle rock and pictures from castle rock below. It was nice to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather.

It's off to Utah tomorrow to see Elisabeth and conference. Then I leave for Houston Sunday for some more boring work stuff. I may make it home sometime.


1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! I get to see you in SIX hours. It's going to be the best weekend ever. Sizzler, here we come :)

    ReplyDelete