Saturday, June 9, 2012

Our Yard in May


Slowly but surely our yard is coming along. Conor has made loads of progress!!! A lot of the trenches are dug for the front, sprinkler heads and dripper hose added, etc. Perhaps the most exciting feat was getting pipe run beneath the driveway! Not an easy task. But it was either that or a TON of xeroscaping. But we want grass over there since it's our largest, "flattest" stretch to play on.

I really can't take much credit for the yard. I've sprayed weeds, raked the flower bed to prep for soil, moved rocks, and dug maybe 6 feet of trench. Oh, and I'm currently killing off a massive red ant hill. But Hazel and I fully support Conor in all of his endeavors. Plus, somebody has to make the sandwiches and get drinks!!! : ) We're pretty good eye candy on the front porch and I'm positive this is what fuels the project.

She looks like a jet-puffed marshmallow! LOL! It was very cold early in May.
Front bed all raked and smoothed over. See, I did something!!!

While moving rocks all of these lovelies caught my eye. I kept them! Haha!
I've always loved collecting interesting rocks. A rock garden somewhere is in order.

Conor's Eye Candy #2

My Eye Candy : )

The much awaited Water Show! They all work!!!
Water Girl Dayna bringing Conor his drink.
The other side of the driveway.
She wanted to match Daddy. : )

2 comments:

  1. You go, Dayna Sue! Hazel DOES look like a pink jet-puffed marshmallow. What a cutie! I love her. :) We are coming up to SLC in a couple of weeks. We need to get together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly but surely, right? Love home ownership!!!! : ) I knew I wasn't the only one that thought that about her snowsuit thing. LOL! It did the trick. Yeah!!! Let me know when you're coming up. We MUST get together!!! Plus I still need to meet Jared and you will absolutely love Hazel!!!!!!

      Delete