Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!


I bought 3 pumpkins that adorned our doorstep until Halloween day. One was used for our dinner in a pumpkin--which is a yummy casserole that's all cooked and you just clean the pumpkin, stuff with its new guts and bake in the oven. The other two were pawns in our hands and both experienced some of our carving skills. Conor also cleaned, salted and baked a punch of pumpkin seeds as well. I made Ghosts in the Graveyard dessert to top off our somewhat themed dinner. Of course there was snacking on the candy bars since the trick-or-treaters were practically non-existent on our street. That's why you always buy candy you like!!! : )

We had a couple friends over for dinner and had fun hanging out. Unfortunately the pumpkin was taking it's pretty time (kinda like me) and never did soften up enough to scoop some out with the dinner. It tastes like squash and is great if it's cooked! Bummer! Maybe next year I'll get it right. . . . And next year I won't be competing with football!!! : )










4 comments:

  1. whether it was 'right' or not, we thought dinner was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dayna you sound like one awesome homemaker. Conor is lucky he found you! I love that dinner in a pumpkin, but I've never heard of ghosts in the graveyard. That is really cute, I'll have to remember it for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you've got to post your pumpkin casserole recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey cuz!!! I also want this recipe! Miss you and hope you are doing great. You look so happy! I still need to meet your husband. Are you going to be around at Christmas?

    ReplyDelete