Monday, September 14, 2009

Free is Fabulous!

My mom taught me to me a bargain shopper, clip coupons, and love a good deal. So I can't help but be ecstatic when something free comes along. Even better when it favors both parties!!! When we looked at our home, I despised the rose bushes and evergreen type bush/trees growing in the front. I love flowers and roses, but these didn't even compare to wild roses. Three oversized bushes with the size of mini roses growing on them. They were a pain to weed around and constantly were entangling my hair and clothes. Plus I was getting scratched like crazy. The evergreen tree/bush things were each 8-10 feet tall and just not becoming. Dreading trying to pull all of these out myself and then dispose of them, was a somewhat daunting task. Then I had the brilliant idea while taking pics of items around the house to sell, that I could also post these on Craigslist. I listed them on the Free section and within less than 2 hours I had multiple offers for people to come and take them! Best part is, it was the middle of July and they were digging them up themselves!!! Love it!!! Everyone was happy and I now have a beautiful clear view out my office windows! It opened up the house more, too. We both like the change. Now to figure out how to landscape it. . . . when it cools off a little more we'll get it taken care of! : )

house before & after

evergreens

roses

porch

No comments:

Post a Comment