Tuesday, September 16, 2008

CSM career day



Well, once again this year I got the opportunity to return to CSM (my college) to try and recruit new students to come and work for chevron. That was all fun, but Dayna and I also took a four state road trip afterwards. We tried to make the ascent to the top of Long's peak, but we called it quits at the keyhole. Words of a hiker who was on his way down when we met him at the boulder field, "there are some moves you have to make that if you don't, you're dead." So, I really like living and so does Dayna, so we will live with the ascent to the keyhole at approximately 13,250'. Not quite 14,000', but enough to make a note of it on our blog. Oh, the sunrise was spectacular on the way up!! We were between cloud layers...amazing.

We then went to New Mexico where we bought 60 pounds of hatch green chilies. They are amazing. Although, we never really got them cooled down until a couple of days ago, so they are a little over cooked...but still taste fine. From there, we drove to the four corners area and down to Canyon de Chelly.

We spent the night at Canyon de Chelly and then headed off to Moab for a couple of nights. We went around arches NP and made it to delicate arch for sunset, where we showed off our awesome hats we got in Canada. C'est tout!






3 comments:

  1. Not sure I'd admit to getting anything in Canada. Or that I would get anything in Canada. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Peter you're just jealous. It's okay. Not everyone can be cool and wear monkey hats!!! I am glad Conor is embracing his inner child and become a monkey lover along with me!!! They're kinda fun and breaking them in for the ski slopes this winter at Alta! As for the other pics of me hiking Longs--Conor I looked absolutely ridiculous with those hats!!! Why didn't you tell me?! I will need to have Glamour Shots by Deb to boost my confidence after this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hats are...well...I won't go there!!! And the whole "inner child" thing? Love yah!!

    ReplyDelete