Sunday, January 30, 2011

I remember when gas was 10 cents/gallon

I can now say that. I spent the last week in two different countries - Trinidad & Tobago and Venezuela. Gas is technically free in Venezuela, but you have to pay a small service charge for the guy pumping the gas. With the current "exchange rate," it works out to be about 10 cents/gallon. No wonder all the expats have motor boats.

I didn't have a lot of time outside of work to get out and take some pictures, but what I was able to see of the two countries was pretty nice. I wish to see Caracas during the day sometime. It seems like a beautiful city...such a shame.

I flew into T&T first. And I got one picture from the hotel.

IMG_0207

Our Charter flight from T&T to Puerto La cruz (technically...Lecherias).

IMG_0210

Puerto La Cruz from the airplane. Our "4 Star" hotel was out on the tip of the peninsula.

IMG_0215

Proof that our hotel is "4 Stars." You be the judge...

IMG_0218

IMG_0219

Of Course, the pool area was beautiful...too bad I didn't have time to use it.

IMG_0221

A traditional Venezuelan breakfast.

IMG_0220

In Venezuela, we ate Italian food three nights in a row. Here is my meal in Caracas. I like their Italian spin...lots of carne!

IMG_0224

Finally, a picture for Dayna in the T&T airport.

IMG_0208

No comments:

Post a Comment