Sunday, March 16, 2008

4 months, 1 post

Ok, ok. I will admit, I haven't been doing the best job of trying to keep my blog up. But, I have been really busy since I left Thailand. December hit and...well, we all know it is a pretty busy month. For those of you who don't know, I relocated to Salt Lake City. It's like a breath of fresh air to leave New Orleans, literally and figuratively. I'm sure I will have to return in a year or so, but in the meantime, I am going to live it up. I still get to go back from time to time for work. It is a really nice place to visit. I even got to catch a Mardi Gras parade this year.

The first thing I did when I got to SLC is I bought a season pass at Alta. Skiing is so much fun. I only have like 30 ski days so far, and may get in a few more before the season comes to a depressing end. But, what I have is a lot better than sitting around in New Orleans just dreaming of skiing. The season has been amazing, the best ever.

I also made it down to southern Utah to do some camping. It was so much fun. I had a really good time. We went to Canyonlands, the needles part. Which, if I would have paid more attention in my geology classes, I would know a lot more about them. But, they were still cool to look at, even though I couldn't explain in complete detail about how they were formed. Dayna and I were able to also go to Arches National Park. Which was cool, I probably could have done without the wind.

My parents also came to visit me in March. It was cool because we were able to go skiing with each other. My dad was able to give me a few pointers and helped me to take my skiing to the next level. Ummm...wait. That's not what happened. Enjoy the pictures!!










5 comments:

  1. conor! long time no posts!! I'm glad you finally posted again, and congrats on the move to Utah! I bet you are just loving being able to ski anytime! I was surprised to see you partying with Theidra at Mardi Gras! woop woop! Oh yeah, and it's true, we'll be having a little one in October! We are excited and I'm especially happy to be a mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Mardi Gras to camping to skiing. You get around. . . Would you be offended if I told you I found some typos?! I am the Boggle Queen, after all! You know I love you! Thanks for sharing the pics. Can't wait for more updates!!! Oh--and I know you loved the wind in Arches. I personally got a free exfoliation on my face! Next time we'll do Delicate Arch at sunset--minus the wind. I'll leave that off my order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about time you post. I would just like to comment on your move to the wonderful state of Utah... well--congrats and you need to apologize to me for all the rude Utah comments!

    Great pics, I am jealous, but am glad you like it there If you ever happen to be in Houston, we would love to see you!!!

    (Erika and Allan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Con man!!
    Long time no talk to!! It looks like you are having way too much fun for your own good! Hope all is well!
    Sincerily,
    Laura Hansen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I thought I should leave a comment on your post. So I was looking at it thinking of something witty. But then I realized that it's nearly one in the morning. Nothing's coming to mind. But I am glad to see that Dayna is already pointing out your errors.

    Also, here I was thinking I was the only one who took months between posts. Bonus.

    ReplyDelete