Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Smoky Mountains


Some friends and I went camping in the Great Smoky Mountains in Tenneessee and North Carolina. It was so pretty there and I really enjoyed getting out of New Orleans to enjoy a little bit of fresh air. As you can see, it was really green. All the coverage got really annoying for me bacause I knew we were climbing up and down mountains, but you couldn't look out over the ranges. There was finally some relief towards the end of the three day hike.

There was a little bit of everything--waterfalls, streams, greeness. I guess that isn't everything, but what the mountains had to offer was nice. All my hiking experience has been in a desert environment from when I lived in Arizona (and that one time I almost died in Utah), so the change to a cooler, more green eco-system was a nice change of pace, especially in June.


I went with my friend Autumn and her two friends, Ben and Katherine. Sometimes it is very difficult to get along with Texas A&M alumni. These three weren't that bad, it could have been worse. They mainly just wore their A&M apparel, sometimes they would drop an arrogant "why Texas A&M is the best" comment, but I have heard those so much at work, I have stopped acknowledging them. In case you were wondering, Texas A&M isn't the best (I have proof).

Enjoy the photos. I hope to be able to return sometime this fall when all the leaves change color and do another hike!!

2 comments:

  1. You're right, C, BYU is the best. go cougars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete